Friday, June 22, 2012

Will Sabu Die? Come Find Out in New York and Philadelphia!!



Pretty historic level of rasslin scumbaggery here.

I saw Sabu live a couple times in 2004 with IWA Mid-South, and it was interesting. On one occasion he recklessly threw a table that kinda almost hit someone, and a fan objected, so he threatened the fan. At the time, I considered whether or not that was wise, or OK, and it's probably not, but at the same time, he didn't do anything other than say something, and it probably wouldn't be good for his image if he'd stopped and said, "Wow, you're right, sir, and I deeply apologize for almost doing something. Fuck, let's just stop the match. I need to think about my life."

But he did show up to 2 of 3 dates he was booked for that I went to, so I felt overall like I won out with the Sabu lottery.


Sabu gonna Sabu, and shitty rasslin promoters gonna be themselves, too. Let's not beat around the bush: Sabu will die young, more likely than not. If I expected professional wrestling to have class, I'd have stopped watching when I was 13. I'm not saying it's wrong to be, like, offended or whatever by this, I'm just not.

Now if they get some Mike Von Erich promos out of him and he's all "Kumsee a Coddon Bow show," then maybe I'll be really uneasy.

1 comment:

  1. What's maybe more offensive is the awful job the VO guy does.

    "Death's doorsteps"?

    ReplyDelete